Unseen Sounds: The Meadhbh Boyd Podcast

CPI Archive 2008: CLASSICAL pianist, pop-minimalist and trad troubadour - Meadhbh Boyd is very much her own woman. Painted since birth on a rich musical canvas, this multi-instrumentalist straddles genres with ease - always mixing, always shaping.

Her music may be difficult to categorise, not sitting too snugly into any pigeonhole, but it sounds different and original. And that, for Meadhbh, is the most important thing. “Ya I suppose that musically I am in a bit of an identity crisis right now. But I don’t think that it is a negative thing necessarily. Maybe it might be- come a negative thing in the future - people like to know what you do and what you’re up to - they like putting people in a box. At the moment I don’t think I necessarily fit into any of those boxes. But you work with what you’ve got. You have to work it, you have to find your comfort zone and be bold. You have to have some neck and confidence.”

No comments:

Post a Comment