Unseen Sounds: The Van Diemens Podcast

CPI Archive 2008: REARED in Miltown Malbay on a steady diet of trad and roots, J Healy was a soul destined to sing. From his earliest days, playing on the accordion at the feet of his father Jack, his life has been propelled forward by sounds and words. Trad was his first love, but it wasn’t until years later when he would discover the music that would truly drive him forward. Word by Andrew Hamilton.  

“I grew up in a house full of music. My dad played the button accordion and a lot of trad music. He played the piano and the accordion as well, he gigged all his life and just loved music. I started off playing guitar and bass and a bit of banjo and the fiddle. When I left west Clare to go to college in the NCAD in Dublin I saw Rory Gallagher on the TV one night. I was blown away. He had the whole lot: the passion, the power, the image, the balls and the honest," said J. 


No comments:

Post a Comment