The Dead Cat Bounce Podcast

CPI Archive 2009: The Dead Cat Bounce Podcast. From Will Ferrell to the Edinburgh Fringe, Dead Cat Bounce have been making impressions all over the comedy world. Andrew Hamilton chats to Ennistymon comedian Mick Cullinan about his role within Ireland’s hottest new comedy troupe.

You don’t need a sense of humour to survive a winter in north Clare, but it definitely helps. As you struggle through six months of constant near-darkness and that perpetual damp feeling that invades your clothing and lays siege to your immune system, a good joke, well told, can go a long, long way. Yet, when Mick Cullinan was forming his personality on the streets of Ennistymon, his sense of humour was very much in the back seat. A student of musicals and drama, his potential for comedy lay dormant. “No, I definitely wasn’t the messer when I went to school. There was a class full of messers where I went to school, so I definitely wasn’t the biggest messer in the group. I got into comedy through drama really. I did a few musicals and things like that at home before coming up to Dublin. I did a drama degree in Trinity and while I was there I met a few mates and we decided to set something up together,” says Mick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment