Unseen Sounds: The Fia Rua Podcast

CPI Archive 2008: GALWAY, the graveyard of ambi- tion - but also, sometimes (just sometimes), the spark for creativ- ity. So it was for Kildare drummer Eoghan who visited Kinvara for a holiday ten years ago and decided not to go home. The drums were quickly sidelined, and for the first time in his musical life he took to the centre stage and began to sing and write music. Words by Andrew Hamilton.

When I was about 15 I got a drum kit after I did my Junior Cert. I was in a lot of bands covering Nirvana songs and things like that and I started writing lyrics for the bands. But I didn’t get to sing or use my voice until I was 20 or 21. That year I moved to Galway for a summer and started messing with guitars and that was it. I wrote my first song then. It was funny, there was always guitars lying about and I always had a deep interest in music, but I never really realised that I could sing until I was 20 or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment