The Mick Flannery Podcast

CPI Archive 2008: The Reluctant Fundamentalist: Whether as stonemason or songwriter, Mick Flannery is the real deal. The Blarney songsmith speaks candidly to Andrew Hamilton, and shares his doubts about whether the music business is the life for him.

DRIPPING with talent, Blarney singer-songwriter Mick Flannery has released one of the Irish albums of the year. Yet despite the tranché of hype and early airplay, Flannery is less than convinced in his own musical career. It would seem that the last person to notice the potential in Mick Flannery, is Mick Flannery. “Sometimes I question whether being a singer songwriter is what I want to do, especially when I’m around buddies of mine who aren’t in the business. When I’m working on a building site or something like that - I’m one person there and when I’m on stage I’m another person. I think that I’ll have to give up one person or the other. I’m still working, but not the whole time. I haven’t been on a building site for more than a week now and I probably won’t work until the end of the month because I have a load of gigs coming up. But I’ve been working most of the time before that. It’s a Zen thing, it’s a little bit of normality," he said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment