CPI - Clare People Interactive


In late 2006, Clare People Interactive (CPI), was born. It was one of Ireland's first dedicated podcasting sites, and the first Irish website to offer free audio and video content to accompany article written for the traditional print media.
Over the following four or five years, I recorded and edited well over 100 podcast interviews, mostly with Irish and international musicians and authors. When the site wound down in late 2010, I had accumulated nearly 48 hours worth of audio podcasts, not to mention a handful of video podcasts, scores of online album reviews and hosted Ireland's [and maybe the world's] first podcast festival, Podfest 2007.
CPI was shortlisted for a Golden Spider Award on three separate occasions, twice in conjunction with the main Clare People website and once in its own right. It was also shortlisted for a Digital Media Award and was even nominated for two radio awards [go figure].
This blog is a growing archive of the now defunct CPI site. I am slowly [painstakingly slowly] uploading all these podcast interview to various audio clouds and linking them all here - sometimes also including the text which featured in the original article.
This is slow going. Any of the interviews listed below with active links [that would be the ones with bold blue links] can be listened to right now for free. The rest will come in time. If you spot a particular interview that you are dying to listen to, please drop me a line to andrewhamiltonwork@gmail.com and I'll see can I get it online asap.
Also, if you spot any broken links, or anything that is not as it should be, please do let me know.
Also also, Virgin Records have taken issue with the sample of Air's Sexy Boy which I had been using as the shows intro. So I've recorded an a cappella version to use instead. It's a big goofy but I kinda like it...
Also, also, also, I'm since grown tired of the a cappella version and have gone instead for a little jingle myself and my daughter Claudia recorded - me on guitar and Claudia on the melodica.
Thanks, enjoy the podcasts and please forgive the occasionally dodgy sound quality,
Cheers,
Andy


A

Dave Geraghty of Bell X1
Ken Bruen

C
Paddy Casey
Adrian Crowley

D
The Dandy Warhols
The Dandy Warhols

E

F

G
Julian Gough
Julian Gough

H

I
Rick, Bruce and Paul Weller
Andy Irvine

J

K

Jinx Lennon
L

Mumford and Sons
Mumford and Sons

O

P


Ocean Colour Scene
R

S

The Stunning
T

U
Stiff Little Fingers


W

Y

#

1 comment: